The ingredients for a really good Saturday:
1. Wake up.
2. Engage in the morning ritual that involves Big Dummy waking up, smashing his nose in your face and stomping on you in anticipation of breakfast.
3. Watch Big Dummy dance around for his food.
4. Make coffee.
5. Drink said coffee while having an absolutely stupid online conversation about candy with one of your best friends.
6. Get psyched, put a few cameras in your pocket and prepare to go downtown with Big Dummy and wander around taking photos.
7. Check email and find message from someone that wants to buy something you have listed on craigslist.
8. Call said someone, and figure out that not only are they not some dipshit that wants to offer you ten bucks for the item you listed for a hundred, It’s someone you’ve known for a long time but haven’t seen forever. It also helps if said someone is a little nuts and is super fun to visit.
9. Go to said someone’s house, get a tour of an awesome garage chock full of incredible bikes and adventure gear, and have an hour long insanity tinged conversation about life and growing up and growing older in Santa Fe.
10. Finally go downtown and walk around in the sun with Big Dummy for a few hours, only having to pick up poo once.
11. Go visit two of your friends that are downtown business owners that you haven’t seen in a while. Not only do you get good feedback on the projects you’re entertaining, you are reminded you have a ton of really, really good friends.
12. Randomly run into another friend who just happens to be hilarious and never gives you any slack. Foolishly mention that you’re thinking about getting a gorilla suit (you know, just for fun) and have them look you in the eye and deadpan “I don’t know, it seems kind of redundant” before cackling hysterically. Dick.
13. Got to the grocery store and buy stuff to cook an awesome dinner. Run into another friend you haven’t seen in YEARS and his awesome wife. Talk to them for a half an hour in the dairy section. Exchange phone numbers and again remember how many awesome friends you have.
14. Discover PBR is on sale at the store.
15. Realize you have only had coffee and good vibes today, and you’re getting kind of dizzy. Pick up to go food, go home, put groceries away and snarf said to go food, swearing that it must be magic because you feel so much better. You can cook tomorrow.
16. Watch Big Dummy dance around for his food again.
17. Walk Big Dummy around the ‘hood in the sun again. Laugh at the fact that he’s obviously just as psyched about said sun as you are.
18. Finally sit down and crack one of those sale PBR’s and realize that you did not take a single photo, but you could redeem that if you went fishing tomorrow.
19. Go through photo stash to find one for this post since you fucked up and didn’t turn your camera on all day. Smile as you remember past adventures.
20. Grin as you go into the other room to grab all of your fishing gear so you can go through it as you watch The Dirty Dozen and revel in the fact that it’s only Saturday…